Leupold's UltimateSlam riflescope is the ideal combination of flexibility accuracy and durability for today's modern muzzleloaders and shotguns. As an example of accuracy using Hornady SST 2-pellet 3-pellet and 12 gauge shotgun loads at up to 300 yards the maximum error of the UltimateSlam is less than 1 inch as compared to a 14 inch error from the leading competitor.
- Multicoat 4: Light reflecting off lens surfaces diminishes image quality. So Leupold engineers developed Multicoat 4 a proprietary lens coating system to keep image quality pristine. Multicoat 4 greatly increases the amount of all available light that reaches your eye while at the same time it minimizes the reflections of the sky on the outer eyepiece. You'll never be able to control the light but with Leupold's Multicoat 4 you can always make the most of it.
- Quantum Optical System: Leupold optical engineers and scientists mechanical engineers and product line managers have developed the optical system for Leupold's riflescopes The Quantum Optical System has greatly enhanced light transmission (up to 92% in the VX-1 system and 94% in the VX-2 system) resolution and color fidelityÑall while preserving the ease of use and nearly indestructible ruggedness that has been a hallmark of Leupold riflescopes for generations.
- Generous Eyebox: The generous eyebox makes it faster and easier to get your eye behind the riflescope and achieve a full clear sight picture. Setting up for longer shots you'll appreciate the flexibility it affords and in close up big game or dangerous game situations the quick target acquisition will be the difference maker. At high power the longer eye relief and more generous eyebox gives you incredible head position latitude and an improved sight pictue that fills the eyepiece completely - putting you in better position to make the shot of a lifetime.
- Lockable Fast-Focus Eyepiece: 3:1 Zoom Ratio BAS (Ballistic Aiming System) Leupold's Ballistics Aiming System is comprised of five specialized reticles Ð Boone and Crockett Big Game Varmint Hunter's LR Duplex LRV Duplex and the SA.B.R. reticles Ð which take into account the variables crucial to accurate long-range shooting. A special ballistics indicator ring allows users to customize their power settings for their cartridge's ballistics then saves that setting for easy reference in a hunting situation. With multiple aiming points for longer ranges and varying wind speeds and infinite power selector settings to match your rifle's ballistics the Ballistics Aiming System can help you master the art of accurate long-range shooting. It has proved so successful in helping hunters learn how to shoot accurately at long range they expanded your BAS options with additional reticles offering many of the same benefits as the original reticles. They also made them available in more riflescopes than ever. With practice the Ballistics Aiming System will teach you how to gauge the distance to your target where to place your reticle for that distance and even how to compensate for wind deflection. With the Ballistics Aiming System and some practice you'll consistently make shots you wouldn't have attempted in the past. Accurate long-range shooting is probably one of the most difficult hunting skills to master. For many hunters it remains a combination of hard-won experience intuition and a little luck. Together the reticles of the Ballistics Aiming System give the hunter very useful tools for successful hunts with clean and efficient harvests. By practicing with the Ballistics Aiming System all hunters can add science to the art of long-range shooting and master this important skill. One System Five Unique Reticles The Boone and Crockett Big Game reticle and the Varmint Hunter's reticle use the same principles to help you hone your long-range shooting skills though each has been tailored to meet the needs of big game or varmint hunters. With practice using each will become a natural part of your shooting.
- Unlike other range estimating reticles the calculations made here are incredibly simple and take the guesswork out of long-range shooting. Each reticle provides a series of aiming points. The first aiming point the intersection of the Duplex reticle is to be used at 200 yards with most common cartridges and 300 yards with several flatter shooting longer-range loads. The Boone and Crockett Big Game reticle and Varmint Hunter's reticle also provides you with two different power selector ring settings indicated by large and small triangles on the power selector. These allow you to select the hold points best suited to the cartridge you are using. In some cases the smaller triangle setting can be used with your slower heavier bullet load and the large triangle setting with your faster loads in the same rifle. The SA.B.R. reticle also features holdover points and a power selector matched to different load settings for muzzleloaders and shotguns. The LR Duplex and LRV Duplex reticles are designed to be used only at the maximum magnification settings. For example a 30-06 with a 180gr spitzer bullet and 2700 fps muzzle velocity would use the smaller triangle setting. In the same rifle a 150gr spitzer bullet with 3000 fps muzzle velocity would use the larger triangle. They have designated three sets of cartridges to be used with the large and small triangle settings and sight-in distances of either 200 or 300 yards described as Group A (large triangle 200 yard zero) Group B (large triangle 300 yard zero) or Group C (small triangle 200 yard zero). Verify the aiming points by shooting at the actual distances at which the hold points in the reticle are intended to work. With the LR Duplex and LRV Duplex reticles a shooter can tailor the reticle to his or her load by varying the magnifications thus altering the subtensions. With all four reticles remember: practice practice practice!
- 1/4 MOA Finger Click: Finger click adjustments for windage and elevation (?-MOA) offer absolute repeatability and dependability over a lifetime of extreme use.
- Custom Shop serviceable - Tactile Power Selector - Proprietary Nitrogen Fill Process - One inch Maintube - 6061-T6 Aircraft Quality Aluminum - Durable Lens Cover - Keep the lenses of your Leupold riflescope looking like new. Protect it from dirt and damage with the durable bikini style lens cover included with your riflescope. Protects your scope while in storage or in the field.
- Actual Magnification: 3.20 x 8.80 x - Linear Field of View (feet/100 yards): 34.60 feet 14.60 feet - Eye Relief (in): 4.20 inches 3.70 inches - Weight (oz): 11.20 ounces - Objective Clear Aperture (in): 1.60 inches - Elevation Adjustment Range: 52.00 moa - Windage Adjustment Range: 52.00 moa
This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with social network in various ways. For these to work, the social networks may set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site, or contribute to other purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.